Tuesday, February 22, 2011

IES politics

I know I said I probably wasn't going to post until after break, but today is worth writing about un petit peu. After lunch, IES held elections for President and Vice President of the program. These student representatives will work with the program directors and social coordinator to communicate the needs of the group, as well as organize meetings, activities, and announcements for the program as necessary. I must have missed the memo about this election, because I heard about it for the first time today and showed up at the last minute to the meeting place. Be that as it may, I arrived in time to see my friend Jose become President and to put forward my candidature for the VP position. And guess what? I am now the Spring 2011 IES Vice President! My first order of business was to eat dessert.

Immediately after the election, we had a party celebrating the February birthdays. Only three of the 80 students in the program were born in February and only one of them even showed up to the party. That didn't stop us from celebrating like a bunch of gluttonous gourmands. This month's cake was a rich chocolate with caramel sauce drizzled on top. So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment