Monday, December 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Today I got the email with the information about my host family in France. I'll be living with the Le Roux family-- a couple and their 16 year old daughter. I guess they have a 20 year old daughter too, but from what I can tell, she doesn't live with them all the time. Maybe she's away at college. I mapped out where the house is compared to the IES Center, University of Nantes, and a few of the other students from my school who will be in Nantes next semester. Looks like I'll be only a block away from one of my friends and a 15 min drive or so from IES. I'm pretty close to the river too, so I think that'll be nice. I'm investigating if there's anything close by I can walk to like a museum or market or something--I hope I'm in a good part of the city. A couple days ago we got the email with the names of all the American students studying with IES in Nantes next semester. It's cool to see how there are people from all over the States (four of us from WI)! Getting all this information is making me so excited, but it's a bit nerve racking to realize I'll be so far away from home in just a little over two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment